Thursday, April 28, 2011

Temple Musings...

Last week I went to the Vernal Temple. It wasn't really what I was expecting - it was smaller and it was red brick, which given where it was and what it used to be, makes absolute sense in hindsight.
When I got there, I'd gone up to the front doors and asked the guy if they had baptisms going on - he said they normally do them in the morning but they might have something available. He called down to the baptistry, the next group wasn't scheduled for three or four more hours - keep in mind I had a three and half hour drive ahead of me to get back to Bountiful. They said to come on down.
They suited up and got ready just for me - made me feel kind of special but at the same time I felt bad they went through all the trouble for just one person.
The point - I love being in the temple and doing baptisms, it's so peaceful and quite - the guy today in the Bountiful Temple apologized that it took "so long" - I do not mind waiting, believe me. There's nowhere really I'd rather be.
I wish I could do more but I can't right now. I feel like I'm at the doorstep of a gorgeous house and I can't go in. I can only look in from the entryway - from the entryway I can see that it's amazing and is really cool but I'm not allowed in yet. Humph.
So in the mean time, we'll keep doing baptisms.

What I think is interesting is how I'll tell them my name is "Kern" and somehow that transforms into "Hern" "Ker" and "Kerns" - it doesn't really bother me cause I figure the Lord know who I am and that's all that really matters, I just find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment