Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break...

This year for Spring Break I went to Zion's with a couple of friends - we camped at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes, they were very pink.


And sunset was gorgeous - while we were there, it snowed and and our tents came down on top of us :(
We hiked up to Angels Landing - I started to feel like a Billy Goat climbing up and over all the rocks but it was awesome and the view was amazing! And for some odd reason, the guys I was with started singing "Miracle" from "The Prince of Egypt" - the part where Miriam was saying that they've been moving mountains since before they knew they could and miracles exist if you believe - don't ask me why, I think it might have been the altitude.
There were a ton of switchbacks we had to traverse on our way to the top - they were a pain to climb up and very very steep. Afterwards we went to The Upper and Lower Emerald pools - they were very cool and very wet.

1 comment: