Thursday, May 5, 2011

Different Definitions...

Okay – things aren’t as ideal as they could be but they’re manageable

Soon – an undetermined amount of time, can be anywhere between the day you die and today’s date but when you say it you mean more immediate action

Funny thing about the words “okay” and “soon” is that we all have different definitions of the words – the Lord’s definitions of the words have more an eternal perspective while my definitions have a temporal perspective.

When I say “okay” I want things to be physically and financially secure and when I say “soon” I want it to be within a couple of days if not now. Whereas when the Lord says “okay” He could very well mean in the larger scheme of things, eternally you’ll be okay – if you are saved in the Kingdom of God and reside in His presence but die a horrible awful death here and live in poverty, strictly speaking you’re still “okay”. And “soon” can mean anywhere between minutes to eons, whether in this life or the next, whenever it is, is still considered “soon” to the Lord – this life is but a blip on the map.

So – while I’m so concerned about my physical existence and am so caught up on the temporal perspective, I need to let it go and look more at the larger picture – namely the Lord’s point of view, the eternal perspective.

My friend posted this a while ago, and I thought it was highly appropriate -

5 DEADLY TERMS USED BY A WOMAN


(1) FINE - this is the word women use to end an argument when she knows she is RIGHT & YOU need to SHUT UP.


(2) NOTHING - means SOMETHING & u need to be WORRIED.


(3) GO AHEAD - this is a dare, not permission, do NOT do it.


(4) WHATEVER - is a woman's way of saying SCREW YOU.


(5) THAT'S OK - she is thinking long & hard on HOW & WHEN you will pay for your mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment