Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday...

It occurred to me today that you can take all the medicine in the world you want to but when the type of headache you have is a lack of sleep headache, medicine isn’t going to help it – the only thing that will is sleeping, oddly enough. And if I could sleep I wouldn’t be in this predicament.

Due to poor planning on my part I had to stay up all night long last night finishing my homework, which I finished right before I went to work this morning. Work wasn’t so bad – no irrational urges to touch hot objects that I sometimes get when I’ve been up all night long and am really tired. The last hour or so I got a spitting headache that was making it really hard to stay awake.

As I was walking home, I realized that when I’m excessively tired I get huge headaches, I rub my eyes a lot, I yawn like crazy and I’m really cold. Which makes me wonder how I got through night shift this summer without falling apart.

It took a lot of effort to stay awake in classes today but I did it – hurrah for me! But towards the end it was requiring more and more work to keep my head up and the sun was making me feel like I was going to throw up if I didn’t get out of it. I took an hour nap before my last class and that helped some and then after class I went home and slept for three and a half hours. I woke up with a slight headache but this was because I basically hadn’t eaten much of anything today – I can usually tell what kind of headache it is by what part of my head is hurting.

My power cord for my computer broke today so I went out to get a new one but because it’s Rexburg and everything closes early just because it can, the store was already closed so I can’t get it till tomorrow. Which means all I have to do is one assignment that doesn’t require me using my computer and then I can go to sleep! I am so excited!

A couple semesters ago my roommates and I would jokingly say that “sleep was optional but showering was mandatory” – how very wrong we were, we have to sleep in order to keep functioning. Did you know that sleep deprived crickets will eat each other? Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment