I told him about technology today and how much it's changed since he died - the city has flourished, the academy was made into a junior college and then into a four-year university. I told him about all the businesses in town and how big everything is now, he was especially interested in that since he was a business man himself. I told him how just the college itself boasts a population of 12,000 students year-around and how we come from all over the world to study at the Lord's university.
I told him about my degree in communications and how I would be graduating at the end of the year and how because of the rotten economy I was worried about finding a job. He said that sometimes the answer I need is not the one I want and that sometimes I need to think outside the box and go out on a limb and take a chance. But most importantly he said that I needed to trust in the Lord and His plan and not rely solely on myself. He told me a bit about starting up his own business and how hard it was.
I told him about the state of affairs in the world today and how it's pretty scary sometimes, he said not to dwell on it - what will come will come, can't do anything to stop it the only thing I can control is my attitude and how I react to it. Sound advise from a dead person. The final thing we talked about before he had to leave was about the Rexburg Temple and how the gospel has spread across almost the whole world. He said that that was amazing and that great things are in store for the church and the world and as a side note, me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment