Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Ideal...

Today's prompt asked what we're looking for in a spouse - which is only fair since we had to write about we're not looking for last month. Now you all know what I am and am not looking for in a spouse.

My ideal marriage partner is the other part of me, together we make a whole. It's someone who's willing to fight with me and for me but not at me. He'd love me so much that we couldn't imagine being with anyone else. They're the first thing you think about in the morning and the last thing at night, you're so excited to see them that you're glowing and it makes others happy just to be around you. He'd have my best interests at heart and he'd rather let me go if it was the best thing, than keep me. A mutual sacrificing of personal happiness and perhaps even your life for each other. He'd be willing to risk everything for me, and I him. He'd be my best friend.

His character aside, I'd like him to be taller and bigger than me - I want to feel safe and protected when I'm in his arms. I love to read and be outside so it'd be helpful if he enjoyed similar activities. I'd like him to be literate so we can carry on an intelligent conversation but also have a sense of humor. He'd have a good work ethic but know when to calm down and relax. He'd listen to me talk and be that shoulder to cry on when I'm having a bad day, we'd support each other in all our worthwhile pursuits. He'd be temple worthy and have a strong testimony of the gospel, he'd be patriotic and loyal.

And somehow it all makes sense now why I'm not married. I'm a romantic person at heart, what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment