Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wisconsin at a Glance...

So I went to Wisconsin to visit Jena a little bit ago and while I was there we went to the Irish Fest and to the Maritime Festival - both of which were very cool.  There's something very awesome about being out in the water on a boat and knowing that you can't control it - no matter what we try to do water is still more unpredictable and powerful than we are.  I definitely have a healthy respect for the water - anything that massive that can take so many lives without even thinking about it deserves respect.  The festivals were fun though and left me with the desire to live somewhere fun after I graduate.  Ideally I would like to live close to the water front, close to the mountains, have plenty of warm rain, and the snow without the freezing wind, toss in some maples, oaks, willows, pines, aspens and palm trees and it'd be perfect - there's something soothing about hearing the steady beat of rain coming down, it's very relaxing.

Port Washington Light Station
Looking over the harbor
The funny thing about these steps leading up to the light tower was that in my first apartment I had the same kind
The Friends Good Will - the ship we sailed on
Inside the cargo area of the ship
A cannonball - feel the power
Leaving the ship

An awesome anchor

1 comment: