Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Have Learned Thus...

In the year plus that it's been since I've started working as a CNA I have learned that...
 - somehow the residents know when it's a full moon 
- the residents are crazy but at the same time can be so sweet
- I don't want to die alone
- I don't want to end up in a nursing home
- the sound of call lights going off is really irritating
- fresh air on an open bum inspires residents to pee
- my pet peeve is dirty belly buttons either on myself or my residents
- caffeine and I don't mix
- the Lord answers prayers, even at 3:30 in the morning
- the night shift messes with your mind
- the residents aren't getting mad at you, they're reacting to a situation they don't understand and have no control over
- night shift and showers are harder than people think they are
- I don't like the smell of urine
- miracles happen
- after working in a nursing home, you go slightly crazy by default
- trying to reason with a 70+ year old who thinks the world is out to get them doesn't work
- working at two nursing homes at the same time is really hard
- latex gloves, antiseptic goo and my hands aren't a good combination
and
- my least favorite part of the whole week is the double I do right after I complete a full shift

No comments:

Post a Comment