Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Really Really Long Time....

So here I am waiting for my laundry to be done so I can go home and shower and get ready for work and I'm thinking to myself - it's been a really long time since you've spoken to anyone, a really long time. I blame it on night shift. But also not having the internet hooked up at my apartment - I'll get there this summer sometime.
Other than night shift, not too much has been going on with me since I saw you all in December. Tons of stories to tell about my patients but I'll refrain - let's be honest here, who really wants to hear them besides me anyway?
Experienced a temporary setback in regards to school - they're insisting I'm not an instate resident, I'm insisting I am - they'll come around to my way of thinking soon enough and then I'll start classes again.
Right now I'm looking forward to spring - I'm taking a week off work and sitting on the beach all week long - I am so excited! Besides the family reunion last summer I haven't had a vacation in a very long time.
Last night I was actually in my bed when I was supposed to be - shocker I know - so awesome bytheway, anywho woke up to the sound of rain beating heavily against the roof - I love the rain - got to respect the power of nature.
Went to see my doctor a couple of weeks ago - got some new migraine medicine and some pain meds for my kidney stones - little bastards have been moving around causing me all kinds of distress for weeks now(not a drop of soda since New Years, so it's not that) - my doctor said if I got off of night shift my migraines would probably stop if not be as frequent(we're working on that) - and actually since starting the new medicine I've only had two, one of which may have been low blood sugar - as compared to almost daily/nightly before. Evidently I wasn't actually supposed to be using the pain medicine because they were surprised when I called up and asked for a refill on my prescription - I told you I had kidney stones, did you think I was lying? They reluctantly wrote me another prescription and are sending out a referral for a urologist - that'll be fun.

Laundry is done, so it's time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment