Talked to the personal trainer tonight and....I think he's crazy. The "no soda," "no eating out" I knew I needed to do anyway and that's not really problem, neither is the no sugar - it's the "120 grams of protein, 60 grams of complex carbs a day" with a two-to-one ratio of vegetables and fruits that's going to be the problem. I'm doing an hour of continuous cardio, three times a week and thirty minutes of strength training six times a week, that also has me a little worried.
At this point I'm wondering what exactly I got myself into.
With a new shopping list in hand I went to the grocery, to scout out possibilities and see what we could come up with to meet this requirements. I'll get the protein I'm suppose to everyday and even the fruits and vegetables - but the carbs, they're getting blown out of the water. And I completely forgot that I'd gone grocery shopping a couple days ago and essentially had no room to put more stuff - I'm shaking my head at myself right now.
I'm not going to throw away my old stuff though, I'll just incorporate it into what I'm suppose to be eating and while my numbers will be off for the next little while, I won't waste anything. I tell you what - I'll have to find cheaper ways of getting the protein without the carbs because I do not have a lot of money.
Dry beans are super cheap and an easy way to eat the protien without the carbs. Most other lean meats will be pricey but the beans are great - just warn your roommates!
ReplyDelete