Being a new year I took the opportunity to reevaluate everything and set some new goals - hence my new title on my blog (A Valley of Dreams) and my pages. I live in the valley but it was more a play off of "A Field of Dreams" - people say that if you don't write down your goals and whatnot you won't really accomplish anything because it'll just be an idea floating around your head and something you keep thinking about doing someday. To that end I've thought about what I've accomplished these last 25 years and what I'd like to accomplish in the next 25 or so - I have a bucket list of short and long term goals.
This year we're focusing on becoming more well rounded, getting fit and in a healthy shape and spirituality - there are a lot of other goals I have but those are the three main categories. I enrolled in school (SLCC) and am doing my pre-recs for the nursing program with the intent of getting my BSN - it'll take 5 or 6 years, I'm only going part time right now so it'll take longer. I'm branching out on my reading and dabbling into other genres instead of focusing exclusively on one genre. I got a gym membership and a personal trainer and am running a half marathon in Riverton at the end of March, with other marathons soon to follow. I'm not working weekends anymore so I'll be at church more, which I think will definitely help. And my friend and I are going on a trip when the weather warms up a bit and visiting all 14 temples in Utah - I am really excited!
And speaking of Utah and weather - I have had it with cold weather! I am tired of being cold! I don't mind wet weather - I love the rain, and the snow is okay but it's the freezing temperatures and the wind I don't like. If there was an island somewhere where there was palm trees and beaches, lots of water and sun, big trees like Oaks and Maples, with soft grass and warm rain, with mountains and a little bit of snow, year round temperature of 45-50 - that would be perfect. All the things I love - I'll probably just move somewhere coastal and get in a more milder climate when I'm done with school. I love the water and the rain - there's something very soothing about it but I could do with out the freezing temperatures.
Looks like a good set of goals ...
ReplyDeleteAnd don't come to Anchorage in the winter. We've only had a few days in the last month that have been higher than 20 degrees outside. That's not the norm, but I imagine it wouldn't sit well with you. But it is warm inside!!!