Maybe it's something I just have to get over.
A couple of weeks ago in Temple Prep we were talking about garments, and my teacher said that garments can be a physical and spiritual protection as well as a reminder of the covenants you've made, and they're not something to be taken lightly. I kind of figured that - if it wasn't something that was so super duper important to our eternal exaltation and you needed to be mature and ready enough to make and keep such sacred promises, I would have done it already. Not to say that I can't but rather I'm not quite ready just yet - we have some work to do.
It brought to mind my residents - being in the heart of Mormondom there are a lot of LDS patients we work with, it made me pause and wonder. Doesn't Satan have something better to do than work on a ninety plus year old person? How much trouble can they possibly get into? I asked one of the nurses I work with and she said that in the old people's case it's more of a reminder of the promises they made and a comfort for them. Hmmm.
I can't imagine just wandering in my garments - especially if I lived with someone that wasn't family. I do occasionally run to the laundry room in just my garments if I've run out of pants or something. If she's on her way to finding something or doing something that can't wait, then I get that. But to just chill in them around others seems weird.
ReplyDelete