In the mean time I'm in Bountiful job hunting for an Administrative Assistant position. All I need is someone willing to take a chance on me and I promise they won't regret it.
It's rather odd being out here in the real world - I wish I had a job, my own apartment and friends close by but all that will come with time. What's odd is that I actually have time to explore my hobbies and interests because I'm not going to classes or working on homework anymore - what a novel idea.
Job wise I'm applying directly with employers in the Salt Lake area, filling out applications online and working through temp agencies. Something will work out, I know it, I just don't know when.
In the mean time I'm going to the temple and it's really peaceful there - I always feel encouraged and reassured while I'm there, like everything is going to be okay.
So my advice, start looking for that new job six months before you think you actually need it because it just might take that long to get it, though I sincerely hope not. Six months ago I was working nights at the nursing home and sleeping all day - I hate night shift, and didn't have time or energy to do anything else. During the semester I was so overwhelmed with classes, homework and such that I didn't get much job searching done either, though I did some. The employers I've already talked to seem to think that people will be hiring again early to mid January - that's encouraging. So we're hoping and praying that something works out soon and in the mean time rediscovering that I have talents and hobbies outside of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment