Thursday, October 29, 2009

He Lives...

Harry lives!  Harry is my car and he died last Wednesday.  At first I thought maybe he was having sympathy pains, everyone in my apartment, myself included, have all been sick for the last couple of weeks – I was hoping he wasn’t completely dead but you never can tell.  My brother came over and we rechecked the battery, the cables and the fuses – they looked all right.  I told my brother that the lights weren’t even coming on and he rechecked the fuse box and there was a metal plate that had some fuses underneath it, I hadn’t checked those ones.  The middle fuse had combusted – so we went to Checker got some replacement fuses and two other fuses, I had no replacement fuses whatsoever in my car and I figured it’d be a good idea to have some extra fuses.

After practice, during which I froze, it was 36 degrees and it was windy, I went to AutoZone and had them check my battery.  They said it was basically dead.  And my dashboard lights weren’t coming on either – so while the guy was changing my battery I was checking my fuses.  So now I have the red, blue and yellow replacement fuses as well as the longer metal fuses and a new battery and between it all I’m about a hundred dollars poorer.  On the one hand, it could have cost a whole lot more to fix but on the other hand my car is working again and should remain working for the next while.  Hooray!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment