My kidney is hurting – I’m fairly positive that I’m passing a stone because I’ve felt this way twice before and that’s what it was those times too – it’s not really a sharp pain, more of a persistent dull ache that is really uncomfortable and inconvenient. So I went down to a clinic in Rigby and they told me that there is some blood in my urine and that either I already passed it or it’s lodged somewhere inside hanging out. They gave me a strainer to pee into so that hopefully we can catch it and then have analyzed, etc etc. I had a CT scan and it’s official I have five kidney stones – three in my right kidney and two in my left. I did what any normal person in my situation would do, I named them – Emily, Edison and Emmett in my right and Andre and Anne in my left. We have an understanding between us – they don’t invite any friends over or party too much and we’ll be fine, but as soon as they start fighting they have to leave. We are peacefully coexisting – the doctor did say that it’ll hurt when they pass, the biggest is three millimeters and the others are smaller. As long as they’re going to just hang out and do their thing, I’m okay with them being there – I have a prescription for pain medication I can utilize if the pain gets unbearable. At which point I can go back to the clinic and they’ll set me up with an urologist and we’ll get them taken care off. So in the mean time I’m suppose to drink plenty of fluids, stay away from carbonated beverages and encourage them to leave.
Bummer!
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting them out. Hopefully it doesn't hurt your hair while they pass . . . HA!
Ah, don't you love the shallow gene pool? Sorry to hear it though. Is the big one Emmett? (hehehehee)
ReplyDelete