
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Baker's Dozen
Being the week of Thanksgiving we've been making and baking pie - why make your own pie when you can pay someone else to do it for you and then complain about it and get your money back? Sounds like a brilliant plan - no. So there I was pulling pie out of the oven when I got burnt again, not once but twice - I was putting the pie sheet on the tram to cool when my arm got a little too close to the sheet. This time around was different because a) boss-man was there, b) I put burn gel on it right afterwards (I don't think it did anything) c) one of the chefs poured vanilla on it so it wouldn't blister (it still did but it sure smelled nice) d) it was my left arm not my right (the majority of my burns seem to be on my right arm) and e) these are the twelfth and thirteenth burns - as I have explained to my roommates multiple times I do not enjoy inflicting pain on myself nor do I get my holly-jollies from seeing burns up and down my arms, it's just a hazard of the job. One of those inherent risks that my risk management teacher is always talking about. You take hot things out of the oven and you work around hot oil, you're going to get burned. Should anyone have any doubts in their minds that I don't actually work at a bakery, let me assure you that I have the physical proof to back up my claim. It's ironic actually because with these burns I have a baker's dozen.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you should wear long sleeve shirts while you are at work.
ReplyDeleteI think that you should see a professional before you do serious damage to yourself. You're a bit too obsessed with your burns and/or burning yourself. I'm pretty sure that BYUI has counselors for the students to talk to for free.
ReplyDelete