I woke up yesterday morning at 5:10 with a massive headache, went to work at 6:00 - my headache still hadn't gone away by noon so I took some Excedrin for it. I got home at 6:20 that evening - normally I take a nap when I have work that night but because the Excedrin was still jutting through my system I couldn't do it. I went to work at 10:30 - got my second wind around 4:00 in the morning, followed by my third wind at 9:45 and my fourth at 2:15 - I got off at 2:30 this afternoon.
Instead of going home and sleeping like any sane person would do I went and did my errands. At about 5:40 I took a 40 minute nap - keep in mind that at this point I've been awake for the last 36 1/2 hours. After my nap, I finished driving home. By the time I actually get to bed tonight, I'll have been up for 40 hours - with the exception of my short nap.
Why did I do this? Because every Tuesday I work in the showers at my first job and then turn around and work a double at my second job. Why? Because the summer is short and the fall is fast approaching and I need money.
FYI - if you get pulled over for driving while you're tired, it's a felony - at least in Idaho.
No I don't know this through personal experience - a cop told me last fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment