Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Me and My Healthy Ego...

So it's a good thing that I have a healthy ego otherwise I'd be in serious trouble right about now. I'm in the showers at work and I don't know if it's because of a pervious bad experience or their upbringing or what but I have a handful of residents who will fight with me every time I get them for a shower. I have been called more nasty names than I care to enumerate on - my hair gets pulled, I get kicked, punched and slapped, not to mention threatened to have the pants sued off me; today they even tried to bite me.

You can't really say anything because what can they do? Slap the residents hands and tell them to knock it off - gee thanks. They always talk about how we're not suppose to be abusing the residents but what about the residents abusing us? It's just one of the hazards of the job I guess.

I do not shower them because I delight in torturing the residents or because I'm being mean, contrary to what some believe. I do it because I'm told to and not taking a shower for days/weeks at a time is disgusting. And if I have to bribe you to get you into the shower, so be it.

Throughout this whole shower, the resident has been screaming and crying, thus prolonging the shower - my co-workers always wonder why I look so tired at the end of the day. It's like, "Look, I shower sixteen people every day - I get soaked from the knees down with water and screamed at for a couple of hours, yeah, I'm tired." By the end I just want to cry myself and take a shower - I don't like it when people are screaming at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment