Friday, June 5, 2009

My Final Day in Blackfoot


It has come, I am done!!! The last day of my internship is officially over and I will be leaving Blackfoot in a couple of hours. I completed my internship with 217 hours, over twice as many as I needed, but I got to work on a variety of different projects so that was alright. And as a farewell parting gift I got a Bingham Memorial handbag complete with fuzzy lap blanket, first aid kit and travel kit (shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, etc).
It's going to be kind of weird to go from dressing up everyday to not - it's like casual Friday all week long, except I'll be working at my nursing home so I'll be in scrubs. Still, it'll be different.
My supervisor asked me what my best and worst experiences were as an intern and I'd have to say that my best experience was probably working on the variety of projects - I got to type, design, fold, deliver, you name it I did it. The variety of projects led to a well rounded experience because I got to dabble in a bit of everything. My least favorite thing to do was making the 200 phone calls for recruiting - I got a lot of wrong numbers, people were getting mad at me, and other people were telling me how this was not the way to properly recruit someone.

2 comments:

  1. Will you be living in Colorado for the rest of the summer? Have fun earning the big bucks at the nursing home!

    ReplyDelete