Friday, May 29, 2009

An Update from Blackfoot

I got a take home assignment to work on this weekend from one of the guys in the office. He wants me to rewrite four of the articles that I'd worked on previously, one that someone else had worked on and design the layout for the step-by-step instructions that I'd been working on for setting up the website with Caring Bridge (www.caringbridge.org). The purpose behind this exercise is so that I'll have something really good to put in my portfolio by the time I leave - as he put it my writing starts out really focused and then I tend to wander and get off topic a bit.

For our weekly activity this week we went over to the driving range to work on improving our golf swings. At the conclusion of said activity I can truthfully say that I stink at golf. It would either go far left or far right but not right down the middle - I did it to go 100 yards once though and that was exciting. I think I'll stick with miniature golfing, it's a lot more fun - although if you ever have the chance try frisbee golf, it's interesting (I think it just might be an Idaho thing though).

I'm giving my talk in sacrament meeting this Sunday. The only problem is that when I'm nervous I start talking really fast and then no one can understand what I'm saying. The other thing is that that the last time I spoke in front of a group it was last semester when I was doing a 5 minute presentation, I started vibrating part way through. And this is 3 times as long! With my luck I'll be hovering above the ground by the time I'm done - I very strongly dislike getting nervous in front of people, especially when I'm talking or presenting - among other things it spoils the delivery. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your homework and your talk. And frizbee golf is far from just an Idaho thing.

    ReplyDelete