Thursday, April 30, 2009

And the Verdict is...

Let me tell you about the kind of week I've been having - on Monday, i woke up with a headache I took something for it and then went to work. Once there, they had me sort a kajillion referral cards for the new doctors and then deliver them all over the complex. Some of the people had not a clue what I was trying to give them, they looked at me like I was an idiot or something. The project took longer than planned - so I ended up staying late. I finally got home around five that evening but hadn't eaten anything since breakfast much much earlier that morning - consequently I was extremely hungry, tired, my headache had returned and my feet and knees hurt from standing all day. That night I tripped going into the shower and a huge chunk got taken out of my toe.
Tuesday morning, I dropped by the library, the only place I get internet access on my computer, to pay a bill, I'd gotten a nasty gram from the school, on my way to work - turning into the parking lot of the hospital the wand that has the headlights and the blinkers attached to it, came off in my hand.
Wednesday afternoon, I came out to my car after work only to find a dead battery. I figured that when the wand had broken off the day before it must have triggered the lights or something. So while I waited for my roommate to come and give me a jump, I pulled a couple of the fuses out, only the ones linked to the headlights. And proceeded to drop one - which I now can not find. I got a jump and went back to my apartment - where I reinstalled the fuses, except for the one I couldn't find, and disconnected the battery.
Thursday morning, I was praying that the car would start - which it did. But the lights weren't on even though the fuses were in. So now i have no headlights or blinkers, I'm missing a chunk from my toe, and to cap it all off the housing office in Rexburg has been giving me fits because I'm not in "approved" housing.
The only place you're going to find "approved" housing is in Rexburg - hello!
And as if that weren't enough - the government said that I'm not eligible for a Pell Grant because the people who claim me as a dependent aka Mom and Dad, earn too much money - which is absurd because they don't - they've actually told me that for the least four years, but this time around it's really ticking me off.
And I have huge knots in my neck and my shoulders are very painful.

However, on a brighter note I did finally complete one of my projects that I've been working on for the last nine years - I guess that's suppose to make this crappy week all worth while. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it gets better? Is Jeff around to help you with your car at all - or are you having to rely on a mechanic. Good luck finding "approved" housing and getting that pell grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey is still in Russia and so I'm using hand signals until I go back to Colorado next month and in the mean time not driving at night. I finally did get housing straightened out, it was just a giant headache and I won't find out till practically the end of summer whether or not the government is giving me a student loan.

    ReplyDelete