Monday, April 20, 2009

My Weekend...

Ah yes, the date, let's see...

They picked us up at six o'clock - then we went to dinner in Idaho Falls and met up with a huge group of people, in this case that would be 30. Along the way we were talking and I found out he's 32 years old and into construction - he's on the managing and directing side of things as apposed to the actual building. Then we drove up to Artco - past Rexburg, to the ice caves. The caves we wanted to go to still has too much snow in the way and we got stuck part way - there was this giant puddle that we couldn't get past so we turned around and went to the civil defense caves a little ways down the road.
It was more spelunking than ice caves but it was still awesome - the only part that was really ice was the floor a little bit. We climbed into the cave and went left but then turned around and went right when we hit a dead end. Going right we went in considerably further before we hit another dead end - it was like a big room and then if you wanted to shimmy up some rocks and climb in and around and then down you could - I did everything but climb down because that's where it ended and I was wearing my hoodie and I didn't want to get stuck.

On the way back out, I started talking to one of the guys and we were still talking when we got out of the caves. We were just talking about this that and whatever but I think I made him a bit nervous when I told him I was 22 - he's 31 by the way. He was just like, "22 is good, I like 22." Then he started telling me about his divorce and all the ins and outs of what happened. That was interesting.

Anyway he was getting ready to leave and so he all hugged me, except I tripped over one of the logs and sort of fell into him - that was embarrassing but he said it was alright. And then he left.

Being around this group of people was good for my ego - around Rexburg at 22 I'm considered old but In Idaho Falls and Blackfoot where the majority of people are older, I'm considered a young'un. It's interesting that's for sure.

It has been my experience however that people generally don't start telling you about their divorces, etc until they see you as a complete non-threat to them. Which is fine, I don't know if I want to get involved with a divorcee anyway but I'm a non-threat to everyone and it's kind of sad.

So we got back to Blackfoot around 1:30 in the morning and discovered that we didn't have the keys to the apartment - I thought my roommate had hers so I didn't bring mine and she thought that she'd grabbed them on her way out, but she didn't. It didn't seem like very good form to wake anyone up, so my roommates date let us spend the night with him.

He has a house - he stayed down in the basement and my roommate and I stayed on the first floor. Had it been either one of us by ourselves we definitely wouldn't have done it but with two of us we figured we'd be okay. His house was cold though because he had a gas leak so we left as soon as we woke up Saturday morning.

At which point, my roommate got a spare key from the landlord and we went back into our apartment by 8:30. My roommate found her keys and then discovered that she'd left her cell phone over at her dates house - he dropped it by an hour or so later.

I promptly took a shower and then slept for the next four hours.

As my roommate said afterwards - it was the date from hell. Not really funny at the time but now that's done and over with, we can both sit back and laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment