Monday, March 16, 2009

Relax...Take a Deep Breath

In my HFED class today we've been talking about stress and ways to handle it.  My teacher suggested that we close our eyes and go to our "happy place," at which point we were then suppose to breath deeply and relax.  My teacher then had us do exactly that - during this relaxation exercise I must have flinched or shuddered or something because my teacher asked me about it afterwards.
I explained how my happy place consisted of me being in a meadow on a warm summer day.  It then shifted to me running through a semi dark forest with someone chasing me - that was a bit creepy.  And then it shifted back to me being in the meadow.
My class just laughed but what I thought was interesting was that this was the second time I've done this exercise and the second time it's shifted to the forest mid-way through.
Chalk one up for relaxation exercises!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment