This month I've been trying to make more than minimum payments on my credit card so I can get it paid off faster - consequently all my "extra" money has been going there. Well Saturday I got a couple of things from the store and then checked my checking account balance. I had $4.68. I had tithing to pay, a cell bill to pay, and miscellaneous other things that needed to be paid for. Pay day is on the 8th - the day before school gets out and my cell phone bill is due on the 14th. I knew it'd be tight but it'd be doable if I were careful. Next week I'm selling my books back and I'll get some money for that and I filed my income taxes a couple of weeks ago and it should be coming at some point. I decided to pay my tithing.
This morning I checked my account balance again - not that I expected it to change over night, but you never can tell. My federal income tax return had hit my account. And now I have more than five dollars to my name. Hooray!!
The moral of the story is...pay your tithing and you'll be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment