 |
| Quail Fire |
The Quail Fire in the Alpine/Highland area 20 miles east of Draper burned for about a week, during the first week or so of July and cost roughly $50,000. It burned about 2,222 acres, hundreds of people were evacuated but the only property damage was to a storage barn that was empty, no human life was lost.
The white cupcake looking thing above the traffic light pole and to the right of the tree is the Draper Temple. And I live to the left of tree in an area not visible in the picture.
This Fourth of July, I had to work so I didn't get to see any parades but I did see the coolest firework show and I heard the Thunderbirds fly over the stadium where I was checking peoples bags.
I started out the day by doing hospice visits but had to take several detours while driving due to road construction - I tell you what, I am getting a tad perturbed at all the road construction and how much longer it's taking to get every where now.
After hospice I was at the Rio Tinto Stadium for the RSL v. Seattle soccer game - the game was lame but the firework show afterwards more than made up for it. I love fireworks! And the best part was when the Thunderbirds flew over the stadium on their way to Provo - so cool!
 |
| Redneck Zambian |
My friend and I went to the Days of '47 Rodeo and among other things watched barrel racing and bull riding. I have been to a couple of rodeo's now and this one was fun, even though it was raining and I was cold and very wet. At one point the tractor came out to smooth out the arena, when it rounded the corner I saw the "Redneck Zamboni" sign and couldn't help but smile.
 |
| "I cannot hide what I am...I am a villain" |
This month I went to Lagoon which looks suspiciously like KingsIsland but with a pioneer aspect added. I went on about a forth of the rides - I went on Spider, Wicked, Colossus The Fire Dragon and the White Roller Coaster back-to-back at which point I was feeling kind of queazy and took it easy for a bit. I went on the Wild Kingdom Train and looked at all the animals and then I went to Pioneer Village where I got my picture taken in costume - I'd always wanted to and today I did! I got to say though that probably my favorite rides were the Sky Scraper and the White Roller Coaster.
 |
| Sky Scraper |
And I got a new roommate, Stan. Stan is going to help me pass Anatomy in the Fall - he came with a muscular chart, a skeletal chart and a spinal chart.
 |
| Hilga the Highland Coo at This is the Place |
 |
| My new roommate Stan |
I also went to This is the Place Heritage Park - being in Utah I figured I should explore my surroundings and see what's here - beyond a whole bunch of pioneer stuff, amusement rides and the great outdoors, not much. My friend had worked at This is the Place for several years, so she was showing me around. It was kind of cool actually but reminded me that Wheeler Farm, Gardner Village, Pioneer Village, This is the Place and Bannock, Montana are all
shockingly similar to the pioneer Collin School in Ohio. Who would have thought.
This is the Place has a petting zoo that contained reindeer, pot-bellied pigs, goats, rabbits, turkeys, donkeys and most adorable of all - Highland Coo's.
 |
| Red Butte Botanical Gardens |
 |
| My first Moose sighting! |
 |
| Red Butte Botanical Gardens |
Afterwards my friend and I went to Red Butte Botanical Gardens - since it was Pioneer Day and I had the day off and since the Gardens were free we visited, and they were AWESOME! So peaceful and calming and....and so very cool. And I also saw my first moose - granted they were cast in bronze but they were still moose.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
And since it'd been over a year and a half since I cut my hair - I cut my hair. And layered it. And highlighted it. And I like it!
fun pictures and I like the haircut!
ReplyDeleteThe cut and the highlights look really good! And is the villain quote from Much Ado About Nothing?
ReplyDelete