Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cherish the Moments...

Sometimes my residents families ask me what the hardest part of my job is and if I have any advice for them - the hardest part is seeing the patients linger in pain and knowing I can't speed it up or slow it down and dealing with families who are being selfish and who aren't willing to let their loved ones go - so frustrating. My advice is to cherish the moments you have together and to make every one count because you don't know how many or how few you have left and it could all change in the blink of an eye. 


Figuring I ought to take my own advice, I have started going on more adventures - partly to retain my sanity and partly to give me something other than work to talk/think about. At the beginning of the month I went on vacation and then a week later I went to Wheeler Farm and the following week I went to the Renaissance Festival.


Wheeler Farm totally reminded me of the farm we lived on in Ohio - very 4H ish, they had a general store that reminded me a lot of Jacksons and of course the baby animals were adorable. The Renaissance Festival was actually kind of lame - I'm used to the one in Colorado, it's huge and has elephants and camels (yes I rode an elephant and it was awesome), the shows are really good, the jousting is funny and the steak-on-a-stick is amazing. The one in Utah is completely different - it's still in its infancy and has A LOT of room to grow before it's even in the same ballpark as the one in Colorado. It was alright just now what I expected. I did get a really cool bottle and a paddle lock though. They had this giant turtle named Otis that was really awesome and adopt-a-pet was there with the cutest baby kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment