In March I moved to Draper. Rented my first Uhaul - loaded up all my stuff and my many treasures and moved about seven miles down the road to Draper. There's this goofy u-turn on State Street before you get to my place, you can't do a left turn on this road, from either direction - it's weird. Follow the road and you'll come to a gate - I'm closer to the northern gates than the eastern gates but either one works. I'm across from Ikea at the Bangerter exit - the distance doesn't really matter because work takes me all over the Valley and same pretty much with school. My new place is a town home - there are four of us, none of us are home a lot, busy with work, school and life but the best part is there's no contract - I can stay as long or as short as I'd like. At this point I'd like to stay till I finish my pre-recs for the nursing program, which I figure won't be till Fall 2013. At that point I'll apply to nursing programs country-wide and probably move again - preferably somewhere close to water. Staying in one spot longer than nine months is the goal - that hasn't happened once in the last seven years. What can I say, I get restless - though actually Hospice has been really good for me in that regard, it keeps me on the move and I like that. My ward is a bit different than my Sandy ward - in Sandy it was huge and I just got lost in the crowd, a lot of people still lived at home and maturity wise they were very young. In Draper, in that regard at least they're a little older, they're working on advanced degrees and are established in jobs and the ward is a lot smaller - I feel like I have more in common with these people.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Draper....
In March I moved to Draper. Rented my first Uhaul - loaded up all my stuff and my many treasures and moved about seven miles down the road to Draper. There's this goofy u-turn on State Street before you get to my place, you can't do a left turn on this road, from either direction - it's weird. Follow the road and you'll come to a gate - I'm closer to the northern gates than the eastern gates but either one works. I'm across from Ikea at the Bangerter exit - the distance doesn't really matter because work takes me all over the Valley and same pretty much with school. My new place is a town home - there are four of us, none of us are home a lot, busy with work, school and life but the best part is there's no contract - I can stay as long or as short as I'd like. At this point I'd like to stay till I finish my pre-recs for the nursing program, which I figure won't be till Fall 2013. At that point I'll apply to nursing programs country-wide and probably move again - preferably somewhere close to water. Staying in one spot longer than nine months is the goal - that hasn't happened once in the last seven years. What can I say, I get restless - though actually Hospice has been really good for me in that regard, it keeps me on the move and I like that. My ward is a bit different than my Sandy ward - in Sandy it was huge and I just got lost in the crowd, a lot of people still lived at home and maturity wise they were very young. In Draper, in that regard at least they're a little older, they're working on advanced degrees and are established in jobs and the ward is a lot smaller - I feel like I have more in common with these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment