Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Scriptures...

No I have not dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been swamped with work and such (a mini series all about hospice will be coming shortly), in the mean time...

So my scripture reading has taken me to Mormon chapter 3 – it’s roughly AD 350, the people are wicked and are starting to self destruct. Not going to lie, this is not my favorite part of The Book of Mormon, that would probably be King Benjamin or Moroni with the Title of Liberty. There’s so much blood, guts and gore towards the end of The Book of Mormon, yuck! If I'd have had my way we would've ended The Book of Mormon roughly AD 200 right before everyone started being bad - obviously the Lord had other ideas. I would skip it if I could but I know there are important lessons to be learned from all the carnage and yuckiness. A couple are coming to mind – repent while you have time, "the Spirit of the Lord will not always strive with the wicked," left to their devices men are weak…

Right now my task is to find out what other things I can learn from this - this should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment