Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Zones...

So I was driving down the road to my last appointment and I got stuck in construction, I’m close to 40 hours and still have one more day to go, I thought it’d be faster to turn down a side street and then loop back up – it wasn’t. Mainly because school had just let out and I got trapped in a school zone and kids and cars were everywhere.

I’ve never been in a school zone when school has just been let out before – I don’t know, I don’t remember how they work. I thought it was okay to go, obviously it wasn’t – the crossing guard started screaming at me and continued screaming at me even after I apologized.

Even if I’d done it on purpose, which I hadn’t but if I had, there was no call to scream at someone repeatedly when it’s obvious they have no idea what they’re doing. There are so many other, better, ways to handle things.

Obviously I shouldn't have been there but what do you think the kids are going to remember more - the car that wasn't suppose to be there or the teacher that was yelling like a banshee?

In contrast – the other night I was driving around some road construction and some cars were driving on freshly poured asphalt before it was fully set up. The construction worker was very perturbed, you could tell, but she didn’t blow her cool and start screaming at them.

Moral of the story – I should have waited in traffic rather than taking the “short cut.”

No comments:

Post a Comment