This morning while I was at work I realized that I have three irrational urges – the first being to either scream or cry, this morning it was leaning more towards crying, the second being to touch one of the hot stoves with my hand or dip my fingers in the hot oil and the third being to quit my job. Normally all of these urges are kept under tight control and nothing too drastic happens – however, as was the case this morning, when I have caffeine jutting through me the urge to do one or all of the above mentioned activities becomes really tempting. Why? Because when I have caffeine jutting through me I lean more towards being paranoid, easily frustrated, tired and very irrational. Moral of the story: don’t drink caffeine.
Let’s take a step back and analyze why I felt the need to drink caffeine. I did it because I had a splitting headache at the time and the only way it’ll go away is with Excedrin and because I had a paper due this morning before class and it wasn’t done yet. My headache went away and I did get my paper done but I don’t think I did it right, so this has all pretty much been a waste of my time.
The ironic part is that this is the second all nighter I’ve pulled and we’re only in the third week of the semester and my first one was this same time last week. 42 hours all the way baby! Aside from being really, really cold inside, sick to my stomach and mindlessly munching to stay awake, being awake for 42 hours isn’t so bad.
On a different note, I still have the pin prick on my arm from three weeks ago where the Health Center filched a vial of my blood to see what it was that I was sick with. It was either a virus or a bacteria, they weren’t sure which but I most assuredly didn’t have strep – they swapped my throat with a giant Q-tip, talk about uncomfortable. In any case they told me that my white blood count was high and to take some antibiotics, which I did and now I’m all better, and they gave me a bruise.
And speaking of bruises, I went sledding last week and I landed hard on my tail bone and now it’s bruised.
And we’re making cake donuts now in the bakery in addition to all the other donuts that we make. I learned today that it’s easier to spray the hopper than it is to spent the whole time fighting the handle as you crank those suckers out.
I bought a stopwatch not long ago at the store, haven’t done anything with it yet but for some odd unexplainable reason it feels the need to go off every morning at 2:30 – not the highlight of my day and kind of irritating.
I bought a heating pad the other day and it should help with my kidneys, in any case I’m warmer at night. For some odd unexplainable reason my kidney stones felt the irrational urge to start moving right as I left to drive up to Rexburg at the beginning of the month. I don’t think I passed anything but it was very painful.
And the suitcase that I bought last week to go to Europe with this summer came in the mail and it’s pretty sweet. All I have to do now is wait for my passport to get here and it should be coming any day now.
When is the trip to Europe? You, Jessica, and Jena right? Hopefully the semester will start to get better. Do you graduate in the spring or not until December - I think I have you and Jeff switched up in that.
ReplyDeleteUrge #2 and #3 should be avoided, but it's ok to scream and cry - just make sure the venue is appropriate.
This June- Jena, Jessica and me. I graduate in December - somehow I don't think all the bakery people would appreciate that
ReplyDeleteJust do the screaming/crying before you get to work (or after).
ReplyDeleteDude, you know you're a lightweight with the caffeine... But you might want to talk to a counsellor if you keep getting some of those urges.
ReplyDelete