I've been feeling lately like I'm stuck in a rut, going no where and like someone's pressed pause on my life. Wallowing is never a good idea - so I wrote down everything I could think of that I've either done or that's happened to me in my life - it was an interesting list to say the least. It made me realize something though - I tend to loose sight of where I've been and where I'm going. I look around at my friends and family and start thinking that I'm pathetic in comparison because I'm not married, dating anyone, have kids or my own place, the list could go on and on. What do I have? I'm 26 years old, I'm back in school, I have a degree I'm not using, I'm still a CNA wiping people's butts and totally messing up my circadian rhythm and I'm still living with roommates. The patient I was sitting with the other night asked me what I wanted for Christmas - haven't really thought much about it but off the top of my head, I'd like to get into nursing school and have my own place. Anyway the point - just because I don't have what they have doesn't mean that I'm pathetic, it just means that we're at different points in our lives and our paths through life aren't identical - go figure. It reminded me of a comic I saw that basically said to stop comparing yourself to others, they're awesome but you're also awesome. It really helped actually. And hey, I rode an elephant and a bull and went hundreds of feet below the surface of the earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment