In that same class we were talking about crucibles and how we all go through them - it's a part of life we can't escape. The goal upon going through these crucibles is that hopefully you'll be more united and stronger as a family, although sometimes the opposite happens and you become very distant and cold. We had a list of seven crucibles up on the board and I realized that my family had at some point or another gone through something that fell into each of those categories. The reading said that we'd go through 3 or 4 crucibles in our lives - I beg to differ. Not the point. My teacher told us about some of the crucibles that she had gone through with her family - prior to this point I was feeling a little blue, I don't like dwelling on the rougher patches and everything was brought front and center this afternoon. After my teacher told us part of her story I wasn't feeling quite so blue - I wouldn't want to go through the crucibles that she has gone through. It made me wonder though what crucibles I'll have to go through and what this is all leading up to. My teacher also told us that some people when they go through crucibles turn to God and are better for it and some people hit rock bottom and turn to other things.
Needless to say class gave me quite a bit to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment